Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 goals

New Year's resolutions have been finding their way around the interwebs, so I thought I should chime in with some of my own. 

2010 is going to be an interesting year. I've officially backed off of my ExcelNinja duties at my day job to focus more on tax (what I was hired for). This will hopefully let me focus on where I want my career to ultimately go. But ultimately I also want to be able to have more control over what I am doing in Excel and plan to be more focused on what I do with Excel this coming year. 

My main goal in 2010 is to get some code out in the open. I want to build and release 6 Excel products during the year. They might be add-ins/workbooks/games/etc. I don't know yet. But I want to get in the habit of pushing myself, and publicly releasing code into the wild and forcing myself to improve by realizing that anyone could be downloading.

That's one item every 2 months. So by February we'll see the first project completed. I've got a few ideas I've been toying with. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment